The long-standing reputation of The Woodford Folk Festival as a happy and harmonious event is precious to us, and the safety and satisfaction of our loyal patrons is of paramount importance. We want to ensure that the festival is a secure place for all ages and provides a positive experience for all who attend.
A few years ago, there was a notable rise in incidents involving unaccompanied youth. To enable us to offer a greater level of security and safety for all attending the Woodford Folk Festival, particularly those who are under 18, we have introduced a number of changes to our Youth Ticketing Policy, Conditions of Entry and Camping Policy.
In addition to complying with legislative changes, these new policies enable us to offer a greater level of security and safety for all attending the festival, particularly those who are under 18. The following changes to youth ticketing and festival attendance conditions have been put in place to help us all to preserve the positive atmosphere that is the ‘spirit of Woodford’.
The youth ticketing policy changes are as follows:
YOUTH TICKETING POLICY
All minors must be accompanied to the festival by an adult Guardian.
It is the responsibility of the Adult/Guardian to ensure that all minors they accompany comply with instructions issued by festival staff and/or contained in all permanent and temporary signage throughout the Event site.
All Adult/Guardians must camp with the minors that they accompany.
Patrons under the age of 18 must not engage in any illegal or disruptive activities whilst on site. This includes underage drinking, use of illicit substances or any generally disruptive behaviour.
If a minor is evicted, their Adult/Guardian and all other accompanying minors will also be evicted.
Any breach of these conditions may result in the eviction of the Adult/Guardian and all accompanying minors from the Event site.
The holder of the Adult ticket must assume a Guardian responsibility to non-adults.
- The Adult with the Guardian responsibility of Youths ( 13 – 17 ) must be 25+.
- The Adult with the Guardian responsibility of Children ( 0 – 12 ) must be 18+.
- For every 3 non-adult tickets (youth, child, toddler), there must be 1 Adult Guardian.
- You either add the corresponding number of Adult tickets or limit to 3 non- adult tickets (youth, child, toddler)only.
Youth are unable to be issued a wristband at the gate without their guardian present.
AS THE PURCHASER OF AN ADULT TICKET TAKING ON GUARDIAN RESPONSIBILITY YOU MUST:
- Provide your relevant festival contact details with the ticket purchase.
- Agree to our terms and conditions of entry – see our General Terms and Conditions
- Advise any associated ticket holders of the consequences of any breaches of these terms and conditions prior to arrival at the event.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- All Adults assuming guardian responsibility are required to produce valid proof of age identification when arriving at the Festival Ticket Gate.
- All Adults assuming guardian responsibility within a group must arrive at the Festival Ticket Gate together. No youth ticket holder will be permitted entry without their adult/guardian being present.
- Due to liquor licensing conditions within the Festival Village precinct, all minors must be accompanied by their Adult/Guardian when they enter the Festival Village precinct.
- No more than 3 youth ticket holders per Adult ticket holder will be granted entry to the festival site.
- Any breach of the above Terms of Arrival will result in refusal of entry with no exceptions. Absolutely no ticket refunds will be given.
- All adult/guardians and their associated youth patrons are required to camp together.
- Any campsite disruptions, in breach of the Terms and Conditions and/or Festival Etiquette (see below) will result in the immediate eviction of those involved.
- Any campsite disruptions, in breach of the Terms and Conditions and/or Festival Etiquette by either youth patrons or their guardians will result in the immediate eviction of all associated youth and adult/guardian(s) from the festival site.
- Zero tolerance will apply to disruptive or disrespectful behaviour within the camping areas. No warnings will be issued.
TERMS OF ENTRY
- Any breach of the Terms and Conditions or Festival Etiquette or involvement in illegal activities anywhere on site will result in the immediate eviction of those involved.
- Any breach of Terms and Conditions or Festival Etiquette or involvement in illegal activities anywhere on site, by either youth patrons or their adult/guardians, will result in immediate eviction of all associated youth and adult/guardians from the festival site. This means that if a youth breaches the conditions of entry then the adult/guardian of that youth will be evicted along with all other associated youth patrons. No warnings will be issued.
- In the event of eviction from the festival site no refunds will be given.
- In the event of eviction from the festival site no re-purchase of festival tickets will be allowed.
- All festival visitors must be mindful of their surroundings. Loud and/or intoxicated or intimidating behaviour will not be tolerated anywhere on the festival grounds.
- All festival visitors must be respectful of others and their property and must not interfere with, damage or cause harm to any other visitor or their property.
- All campers must be respectful and considerate of their neighbours.
- All campers must respect fellow campers and their property, the campground amenities and natural surroundings. Disruptive behaviour, vandalism, damaging of the property of others, or harming of any vegetation or wildlife on the festival site will not be tolerated.
- From 10pm onwards, noise in all camping areas must be kept to a minimum. Festival venues are provided for late night jam sessions and frivolity.
Read our General Terms and Conditions
If you have any feedback regarding our Youth Tickets Policy please click here to send us an email.