On this page, you will find all the answers to frequently asked questions for all things about being a volunteer at the Woodford Folk Festival.
The Woodford Folk Festival relies heavily on the magnificent support of our volunteers. Many volunteers are veterans of several festivals, however, each year many new people join the team. We welcome all newcomers and returning volunteers and we hope your time as a volunteer this year is both satisfying and rewarding. This page should serve as a basic overview and hopefully will help make your time with us enjoyable.
There are some 155 departments and over 300 different types of positions (for a total of about 2700 volunteers!) Anyone interested in volunteering must apply online (to one position only). You will then hear back from the manager for that position within 2 weeks.
KEY DATES: We begin recruiting 1st September for Returning volunteers and 1st October for New
- Only apply for ONE position – wait two weeks for a response before getting in touch.
- You need a current email address to apply for a position.
- Returning Volunteers will have their volunteer codes emailed out to them ahead of the general applications opening. They will have one month priority period for applying.
- Volunteer positions are available during the Festival Period and during the Build Period. There are also a small number of post-festival positions where people will work 7 – 10 full days for a refund on their season camping ticket. These positions are listed in the Build period.
- Volunteers may be asked to help out in other areas of work where necessary.
- Volunteers are able to camp on site the night before their first shift (unless they are festival volunteers starting on the 24th Dec, in which case they can camp from that day).