The Festival is produced by Woodfordia Inc., a not for profit incorporated association.
The mission statement of Woodfordia Inc. is to: stimulate, facilitate and foster the preservation and promotion of folk culture for the common good.
The objectives of the Woodfordia Inc. are:
- Act as a coordinating body for folk activities in the State of Queensland.
- Encourage participation in the artistic expression of our times through the folk idiom.
- Assist in the passing down of skills and the acquisition of skills loyal to the spirit of folk tradition.
- Promote interest in folk performance, studies, collection and dissemination with particular reference to Australian tradition and to the State of Queensland.
- Implement and maintain any projects such as festivals, concerts folk clubs, folk centre, libraries workshops etc. that will assist these objects.
- Provide the necessary communicative and informative devices that can be used to achieve these objects.
- Represent membership in any forum that effects these objects. Co-operate and assist any other organisation, groups or individuals with similar objects.